Translate

Saturday, June 25, 2011

New Breakfront Cabinet

While trolling the miniature websites last week I happened upon this mahogany breakfront cabinet from Town Square which was on sale for the exorbitant price of $9.99!  So naturally I had to snap it up.

All the drawers and doors are working.  DORK ALERT!  I lost one of the door pulls last night.  It fell to the floor and no amount of crawling around could locate it.  It either rolled under the piano or disappeared into the duct work, I'm afraid.  Oh well  I'm pretty sure I can replace it with something similar. 

Even sans knob, I'm rather happy with my purchase.  Usually you 'get what you pay for' and all the other cabinets I have my eye on are at least ten times the price of this little beauty.  (One assumes the more expensive pieces will come with their hardware intact, but you know what happens when you make assumptions).

Oh, and I can't wait to fill it with miniature books and bric-a-brac.

I think it will look lovely in the library of Merriman Park, don't you think?

0 comments: