A few months back I ordered what appeared (on-line) to be the perfect wall covering --a brocade-damask pattern in my favorite shade of terra-cotta --a color I love and which looks amazing as a background to gilt frames, which I plan to use in abundance in this space.
|Terra-cotta background + gold picture frames = fabulous!|
Unfortunately, when the paper arrived, the pattern was way too large --more 'Barbie doll scale' than the 1/12th scale that is Merriman Park! I also noticed that this paper appeared to be a mere photo copy of an actual textile, and this got me to thinking...
Why not just shrink the pattern to fit on a color photocopy machine?
And that, is exactly what I did. Or more accurately, what my long-suffering partner, Glen, did! All I need to do now is get my hands on some decent, suitable paper on which to print my new wall covering, et voila! Necessity is the mother of invention.
I also made a trip to the local dollhouse shop to pick up some more cornice so I'll be able to finally complete the chimney extensions. And while there, I also grabbed some strip wood for the Entrance Hall wainscot. Here I pieced a sample together with my raised panels from Lawbre and a bit of gaffer's tape. The woodwork will all be painted a bright cream and will really pop against the terra-cotta background.
|The shrunken wall paper and wainscot mock-up.|
|The patio we put in last Summer with my new pots planted last week & planted for Fall, already!|