Translate

Friday, December 9, 2011

I'm In Sue Cook's Gallery!


I recently learned that Sue Cook chose this photo of my Entrance Hall for her website gallery.  What an incredible honor!  I have been on Cloud Nine all the live-long day.  Even the freezing temperatures today --highs in the low teens (Fahrenheit) couldn't get me down.  "I'm in Sue Cook!" was my Mantra for the Day!  I am bubbling over in awesomeness.

Incidentally,  our very own Simon Williams has new pics posted in Sue's Gallery as well!  Congratulations, Si! 

Original sketch of Merriman Park.
I first learned of Sue Cook a couple Christmas' ago.  Merriman Park was just an idea, a twinkle in my eye if you will, simply a sketch scrawled on a napkin back then.  And for that particular Christmas, Glen presented me with a veritable stack of dollhouse books for inspiration.  Many of those books featured Sue's gorgeous fireplace mantels and other components.  How I coveted them and how thrilled I was when I googled her and found  her catalog --now I could purchase for myself all her breath-taking creations!

It is so thrilling that my very first miniature room is on Sue Cook's Gallery!  I think I just might celebrate by running down to Happy Hour --it's three-for-ones, children!  And it's Friday!  Happy Friday, all!

14 comments:

iseecerulean said...[Reply]

Whoo Hoo!

Daydreamer said...[Reply]

Congratulations John! I am not at all surprised that she would want to show your work..... it is STUNNING! I'm so glad to hear that it has warmed you through and through.....that cold stuff is heading my way and I'm NOT looking forward to it!
Enjoy your happy hour(s)!

Simon said...[Reply]

Well done my Friend, I'm SO excited for you, me, us both?! Seriously though John, your work is both incredible and inspiring, compounded by your modesty. I'll get the next round...
x

Unknown said...[Reply]

Congratuations!! You deserve this honor. Beautiful work. Cold, Cold, Cold here also! So not ready for winter.

Garden of Miniatures said...[Reply]

Congratulations to that wonderful surprise !!! But you really deserved it,because your room is really amazing and perfect in every detail!
Jeannette

Fi.P said...[Reply]

Oh John,

What an honour, you must be so proud!!!

It is well deserved too, the room IS fabulous. Keep up the great work john, I'm sure there will be more accolades to come.

Fi xx

El caballero Metabólico said...[Reply]

Congratulation John! His work is very good and one deserves to be in Sue Cook's catalogue!! An enormous embrace and happy weekend!

John said...[Reply]

Thanks, you guys. I love waking up on a Saturday to a mailbox full of sweet comments from my fellow blogger friends! Your comments, suggestions (and general hand-holding through the tough parts) are so appreciated.

I never made it out to Happy Hour, Betsy --too miserably cold outside! But we made seasonal 'Tom & Jerrys' at home, which was an even better, if quieter, celebration.

Well, one more cup of coffee and it's off to mix up some paint for the Drawing Room!

Thanks again, everyone! X

Jeri Elsner said...[Reply]

Congratulations, John. How fabulous for you!

Andy said...[Reply]

Congratulations John! I've just been looking at the gallery, it looks great! I bet you are over the moon John! Congrats to Si too! Both of your hard work has payed off!!

The drinks are on me! (you like tea? right? lol!)

Hugs xx

John said...[Reply]

Thanks, Jeri and Andy!

Andy, make that a 'Long Island Iced Tea,' please!

Ingredients

1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger vodka
1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger gin
1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger rum
1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger triple sec liqueur
1 teaspoon tequila
2 teaspoons orange juice
2 fluid ounces cola-flavored carbonated beverage
1 wedge lemon

Directions

In a cocktail mixer full of ice, combine vodka, gin, rum, triple sec and tequila. Add orange juice and cola. Shake vigorously until frothy. Strain into a Collins glass filled with ice, and garnish with wedge of lemon.

Andy said...[Reply]

Sounds great John,

not sure I've ever seen any cola-flavoured carbonated beverage before, it's obviously not well advertised!! ;)

I'll join you in one of those Long Island Iced Teas to celebrate! ;)

Sheryl said...[Reply]

Congratulations!

Debora said...[Reply]

Ooh wow, did you do a dance? That is so... well deserved? Uplifting? Thrilling? Fan-tas-tic!!! You call it "cloud nine" and I'm no native speaker but i sure do catch your drift. Enjoy it!