Translate

Monday, December 28, 2009

Ah, Minnesota!


Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! The Holiday was ALMOST CANCELED here in sub-Arctic Minneapolis due to the cruddy weather (snow-storm turned to ice storm). The streets and sidewalks are now a TREACHEROUS DEATH TRAP of glare ice. I had to practically strap on my old hockey skates this morning in order to navigate the five-block distance to my rail stop. Did I mention that I am WAY OVER winter already?

I did mention earlier that my little household was not going to exchange presents this year --except for the few gifts that "Santa," (aka: my long-suffering partner), felt we really, really needed). Well, if I wasn't sure if a CUISINART ICE CREAM MAKER rightfully fell into that category, after sampling my first batch of home-made, Reese's peanut-butter cup ice cream all I can say now is HOW ON EARTH did I survive so long without one?

Santa also gave me about a dozen new books on miniatures, which I lazily perused over the long weekend and will review in a later post...but first I need to BUNDLE UP ESKIMO-STYLE and try to free my sidewalk from its FROZEN PRISON!

1 comments:

Cassandra said...[Reply]

You have influenced me to not only look up Cuisinart Ice-Cream makers but to put one in my cart at Amazon.com.