Translate

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!



Here's a photo of Edie two years ago as a pup.  We brought her home on Good Friday that year and I just couldn't resist posing her in the Easter basket.  Look how tiny she was!  And to think we almost lost her a few weeks ago...ugh! 

Not much to report on Merriman Park.  I did manage to get all the windows painted (the eight side windows, that is)--except I somehow neglected to make the mullions for one of the windows.  Not sure how that happened.   Also our crazy, new neighbor (who would seem to have a bit of a problem with the bottle) managed to break one of my new sconces that were on back-order forever.  MESS ALERT!: I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of a loud thud followed by a crash onto my piano then another thud and when I rose to investigate, I found the aforementioned, crazy, new neighbor passed out on the floor with my new sconce --eerily glowing its unnatural, blue light, globe smashed to bits-- laying next to his head (which had a huge lump on it, btw).  I had gone to bed early that night because I had to take a fashion show stage down the next morning before the store opened and I guess I missed all sorts of drunken shenanigans.  Is this all TMI I'm hoping he'll read this and at least have the decency to offer to buy me a new sconce, but I won't hold my breath. 

I'll probably not be blogging much now that the weather is getting warmer.  It's supposed to get up to 60 today, but I'm not getting my hopes up, because every time I do it snows!  I'm afraid to put the snow shovels away because it might cause some bad juju and we'll have a blizzard!  For real.

I've got tons of outdoor projects planned for the summer, mostly landscaping and lighting.  When you live in a hundred year old house, there is always lots to do...I'll be checking in from time to time, so stay tuned. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...[Reply]

These are super designs. I really enjoyed reading it. I was looking for such designs. They are unique and I will definitely look forward to it. Outdoor sconces around your home is every bit as important as Outdoor sconces

John said...[Reply]

Thanks, soholighting... I think?