Translate

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bricks are FINISHED!

And, because our friend Eric, aka "thing," was over helping out with our invalid, Blanche --er, I mean Glen-- I had him help me schlep the hulking Merriman Park out of its former basement lair and it is now ensconced in its permanent home.

The wall color kind of looks like sky!  This photo was taken in the early evening, on a rainy (but not snowy, thank god!) day, so it will be interesting to see how it looks in the sunlight.  But even in this terrible shot, you can see some of the detail better.

                          Oops! Forgot to glue the stairs on!

You would laugh out loud if you saw the pathetic, so-called shelf it is currently sitting on.  I dragged it out of the garage ages ago in one of my Design on a Dime make-overs, as a temporary stereo cabinet, which I never got around to replacing.  I am going to build a brand new cabinet this summer --a proper pedestal for Merriman Park to sit upon.
Confidential to Nick:  

Hope you had a very Happy Birthday!

0 comments: