Translate

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Furniture Addendum

Obsess, much?  OK, I'm already getting comments (and please keep them coming)!  But I think I have the definitive arrangement worked out for the Entrance Hall of Merriman Park. 
I am leaning toward the chairs on the left.  I'm told all the chairs should match.
Note that I would be adding a medallion to the center of  the marble floor. (It would probably have, I'm thinking, a six-pointed star inlaid within it.  There has been discussion about whether or not the table in the center of the room would be historically accurate for 1795-1820.  So I'm not sure if it will stay.  But picture a gorgeous floral arrangement on the center table, and perhaps marble or alabaster sculptures on the two demi-lune tables?  Are you with me?. I also want to get a pair of vases and a clock for the mantel. 
I need to finish off the hearth area and make a fender, etc.
The medallion on the floor is just a suggestion.
Anyway, what do you think? I'd love to hear your comments!  Sorry about the crappy photos!

2 comments:

Irene said...[Reply]

I like the chairs on the left.

John said...[Reply]

I think I do too, Irene...a case of 'great minds thinking alike,' perhaps?