Translate

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lighting Up the Hall

Um, I'm kind of embarrassed because I made such a stink about not being able to get my wall sconces to work earlier this evening.  But Irene from Hambleton Hall held my hand and gave me some terrific advice.  By the way, have you checked out Irene's dollhouse blogs lately?  If you haven't, do yourself a favor and get yourself over there right now.  Well, finish my post first and then go.  OMG, Merriman Park looks like a tar-paper shack next to the Devine Miss Irene's sublime creations.
The bulbs on the sconce on the left side of the fireplace have already burned out!

Oh, yeah!  Got the sconces working, thank-you-very-much.  Aren't they lovely?  Know what advice Irene gave me?  It's really high-tech stuff but I guess you're up for it:  she advised me to 'strip the wire insulation with my fingernail.'

Yup.  That's all it took.  Worked like a charm.

You know, I think I even read that in a dollhouse 'How-To' book  In my defense --I've never done this before!

Boy, do I feel dumb.  Oh, well, I'm pretty--so who cares if I'm an air-head?

4 comments:

Giac said...[Reply]

Don't be embarrased, we've all been there...many times over!
In the end you got it working and it looks beautiful!
Go pretty people!!!

Simon said...[Reply]

You guys make me laugh. Well done John on the lights. And yes, I agree Irene's creations are amazing.
And whilst we're on the subject, the world could do with a bit more Pretty...

Irene said...[Reply]

Glad to help John, anytime. Lighting is the one thing that can drive me nuts with this hobby and when that happens the best thing to do is walk away (have a Martini!).

The grief is well worth it for the magical effect it gives.

John said...[Reply]

Irene, if I had a Martini every time I got frustrated with MP, I'd be in Detox at Betty Ford!